Minister of Communion to the Sick
A minister of Communion to the Sick is someone who desires to bring Communion and a sense of community to the sick and the homebound. A minister of Communion to the Sick should be:
- a fully initiated member who is in full communion with the Church;
- at least 18 years of age, exhibits a love for the Eucharist and participates fully as a member of the liturgical assembly;
- a good listener and respectful to others;
- recognized within the parish community as a person of good reputation;
- flexible and open-minded in response to each situation;
- understanding of the issues relevant to the homebound and must always work in pairs or in a group.
A minister will usually serve at whatever Mass they normally attend over the weekend.
If you feel Christ calling you to this ministry, please speak with the pastor.